The sacrifice is one of the most beautiful, rewarding and complex aspects of chess. During a game the decision to give up material in order to get an advantage is probably the most difficult one a player has to take.
Often, you have to burn your bridges without being able to fully calculate the consequences. Risks and rewards are racing through your mind, fighting for precedence while the clock keeps ticking. Now is the moment, because after the next move the window for this opportunity may be closed.
In this book Ivan Sokolov presents a set of practical tools that will help you to master the art of the sacrifice. By concentrating on the aim you are trying to achieve, rather than on the opening you are playing or the piece you might be going to sack, he teaches you how to come to a reasonable risk assessment and how to trust your intuition.
As a bonus there is a separate chapter on seizing the initiative without actually giving up material. Ivan Sokolov has written an entertaining and instructive guide, packed with useful advice and exercises.
Incoming search terms:
- sacrifice and initiative in chess pdf
- Sacrifice and Initiative in Chess Seize the Moment to Get the Advantage by Ivan Sokolov freedownload
- Sacrifice and Initiative in Chess
- Sacrifice and Initiative in Chess by Ivan Sokolov pdf free download
- Sacrifice and Initiative in Chess freedownload